Wednesday, December 2, 2009

First Post.


"This instrument can teach, it can illuminate; yes, and it can even inspire. But it can do so only to the extent that humans are determined to use it to those ends. Otherwise it is merely wires and lights in a box."
- Edward R. Murrow, October 15, 1958


The above quote is eery given the state of the news media today. If you ask me, they (the mainstream media) only have themselves to blame. They took news reporting from a respectable profession to the level of carnies in only a few decades. Today, it seams fake tits and a post 1985 birthdate are the only prerequisites. Is it any wonder that bloggers are killing their market? All things being equal, when presented with a choice between free shitty information or shitty information behind a paywall which would you choose?

I digress.

I'm a bit of a techno-nerd. Generally I'm the guy my friends call whenever they have problems with their tech. and there are always problems. As this will be the easiest area for me to write about, I'll be using this blog to document the various problems and solutions I come across. However, as my interests are not strictly limited to "how to" or "review" articles I plan to generate a diverse pile of content as I see fit.

Christopher.

No comments:

Post a Comment